Let PACE Support You
Let PACE Support You!
PACE DURING COVID-19
While this time has been stressful for many, PACE can help reduce your stress by providing access to care when and where you need it. Our Medical Clinic remains open with in person or telehealth visits readily available. You will have access to a dedicated care team who will support you at home and coordinate medical, social, and therapeutic services. PACE has you covered.
PACE of the Southern Piedmont, sponsored by Kintegra Health and Lutheran Services of the Carolinas, had to redefine how and where we provided the care for our participants at the outbreak of the global COVID-19 pandemic. Our services remained open and seamlessly shifted from being based in our Day Health and Wellness Center to in the home, remote, or a combinationof all three. PACE of the Southern Piedmont takes pride in its resilience among its team of providers, caretakers, andadministration to continue providing support to its participants while they remain living safely and healthy in their community. PACE provides activities in the home, rehabilitation therapy in the home, as well as wellness checks by healthcare professionals. PACE Medical Clinic remains open helping to ensure routine medical concerns are addressed. We are proud and respect the commitment our teammates, families and caregivers have exemplified during this challenging global pandemic.
The continued efforts of the PACE of the Southern Piedmont team and its participants and caregivers have providedopportunity for creativity and flexibility. Regardless of a global health pandemic, maintaining our seniors living at home, safely, without risks of exposure, is imperative to us. PACE provides the necessary support and resources to maintain our seniors living in the community they wish to live in. Our team at PACE of the Southern Piedmont is committed to helping our participants remain safe and well at home.
Looking for More Help and Less Stress…
PACE HAS YOU COVERED!
We provide all necessary medical and supportive services to keep
you independent in your home for as long as possible.
- Nurse Practitioner
- Registered Nurse
- Social Worker
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Physical Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
- Recreation Therapist
- Speech Therapist
- Transportation Driver
YOU DESERVE THE PACE EXPERIENCE!
WHAT IS PACE?
Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) serves adults age 55 or older with all Medicare and Medicaid covered care and services.
TTY (704) 887-3840 x8000 / 704-887-3853
Delberth (Debbie) McCall – 10/13
- What was life like as a Caregiver prior to enrolling into PACE? Oh, it was rough. We had a whole lot of depression, just watching go through it. Day to day prior to PACE, we were in a routine. Before it was hopelessness, and now we have hope. PACE gave us hope for therapy and the people have been very kind and professional.
- What made you happiest about enrolling your loved one into PACE? Having an option – the option to get her involved with life affirming things to do. To give her improved quality of life.
- What was PACE been able to do for you and your loved one? It’s very nice when my wife is taken for therapy and then I have a chance and run errands and have “me” time. It gives me relief. It gives me the opportunity to make plans and get out and relax. PACE has been so great to my wife and making her comfortable. I feel very comfortable with PACE!
- What is your favorite memory since your loved one was enrolled in the program? When Melissa called me to the center to give me a little bit of training and teaching me how to get my wife to stand, and my wife started walking. My wife was walking down the hallway! It about brought me to tears!
- How did PACE support you and your loved one during the COVID-19 pandemic? Very professional and we feel safe. PACE has ensured our safety.
Wanda Maddox – Daughter
- What was life like as a Caregiver prior to enrolling into PACE? Very stressful as I did not know how I was going to be able to work and take care of my Mom as her Alzheimer’s continued to worsen.
- What made you happiest about enrolling your loved one into PACE? It gave me such great peace of mind knowing she was being looked after by people who genuinely cared about her.
- What was PACE been able to do for you and your loved one? PACE made my Mom’s last days enjoyable for her, giving her something to look forward to when she was able to attend and make friends and participate in activities, as her daughter it helped give me peace of mind that she was well taken care of and I was able to focus on my work and other responsibilities of my household.
- What is your favorite memory since your loved one was enrolled in the program? Mom participating in the PACE fashion show, it was so cute and she enjoyed it so much!
- How did PACE support you and your loved one during the COVID-19 pandemic? Even though we were home bound, PACE offered constant support through phone calls, home visits, continuing to supply her medications and needed health supplies and having the ability to visit the clinic as needed.